Entries are now invited from poets of all nationalities for the Victorina Poetry Contest 2022 in collaboration with Festival de Voces – Voices Festival 2021. Entries should touch on the themes of Life, Death and Beyond. The final deadline for submissions of up to three poems in Spanish, English or ‘Spanglish’ is the 28th of February 2022. (DEADLINE EXTENDED UNTIL 28TH MARCH) This award is open to original and previously unpublished poems which includes any publishing platform or social media.
Poems should not exceed 40 lines and the competition is open to anyone over seventeen living anywhere in the world.
- 1st prize: £500
- 2nd prize: £300
- 3rd prize: £200
plus, publication in a bilingual anthology to be released at the end of 2024 or beginning of 2025.
There will also be nine commended poems published in the anthology.
Maria Eugenia Bravo-Calderara
The judges’ decision is final and no individual correspondence can be entered into. Judges are unable to comment on individual entries. Judging is fair and unbiased. The Victorina Poetry Contest 2022 reserves the right to change the panel of judges without notice.
- Competition entries cannot be returned under any circumstances. Please make sure you keep a record of all poems entered and send copies only.
- The judges’ decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into concerning this decision.
- Due to the large number of entrants, we are unable to respond individually to submissions.
- Please check you are submitting the correct version of your work before uploading as mistakes cannot be rectified later. If you find you have submitted the wrong version or have made a mistake in the work, you can withdraw it and resubmit a corrected version with the word FINAL included in the file name. Please note a further fee would be payable.
All entries must be received by midnight BST on the 28th February 2022. Late online entries will not be accepted under any circumstances.
- All winning poets (top 3 and 9 commended) will be notified in September 2022 and invited to an award ceremony in November 2022 (date TBC). All winners will be required to provide a biography and a photograph.
- Due to the sheer volume of entries, only successful entrants will be notified. Details of the full winners list will be announced publicly on the Victorina Press website in early October 2022.
- The copyright of each poem remains with the author. However, by entering the competition, authors of the winning poems grant Victorina Press Ltd the right to publish and/or broadcast their poem, and to do this before anyone else.
- Entries must be entirely your own work. Any evidence to the contrary will result in immediate disqualification.
- Entries must not have been published, self-published, published on any website, blog or online forum, broadcast, have won or been placed (2nd, 3rd, runner up etc) in any other competition.
- You must inform us immediately should your entry be published or win a prize elsewhere.
- Please ensure you read the rules carefully before entering the competition.
- Entry implies acceptance of all the rules and failure to comply may result in disqualification.
Important: All entries are judged anonymously. Please do not include your name, address, phone number, email, website, twitter handle, etc. on the document.
We will disqualify entries if they contain the poet’s name or any other identifying text, or if they are over 40 lines in length. If you forget to add details – title or line count – your entry will NOT be disqualified
- Add the line count to the top right of the first page. The title is not included in the line count, nor are dedications, nor are spaces between stanzas
- Entries must be typed. We do not accept handwritten or postal submissions
- Do not add a cover or title pages
- Do not send illustrated work
- Use font Arial or Time New Roman, 12pt, black.
- Single line spaced, except between stanzas where it should be double
- If the poem runs to two pages, number both pages centre bottom
- Save the file as a Microsoft Word document – .doc or .docx. We also accept file types .rtf, .pdf, .txt. Maximum allowed file size is 2Mb
- The file name should be the title of the poem only, typed exactly the same as on the document, for example: I Wandered Lonely as a Cloud
- Do not include your name in the file title or it will be disqualified
- Do not put Victorina entry / Victorina poem entry, etc. in the file title
- For untitled pieces, save the document with the first line of the poem instead
- Entries need to be sent in two separate documents – A file with the poem, separate documents for each poem, no personal information attached, the second document should contain your name, contact email and title of your poem/poems.
Entries will be confirmed by the email receipt of your payment to PayPal. Please check your spam folder as emails can land there. It is NOT possible to confirm receipt of entries by phone.